Buyer's Agency Representation
What is a BUYER'S AGENT?
A buyer can engage the services of a real estate licensee to act as the buyer's agent in the purchase of a property. This means that the real estate agent represents the buyer, who is a client. The agent owes the buyer client undivided loyalty, reasonable care, disclosure, obedience to lawful instruction, confidentiality and accounting. The agent must put the buyer's interests first and attempt to negotiate price and terms acceptable to their buyer client. The buyer may also authorize sub-agents to represent him/her in purchasing property, however the buyer should be aware that wrongful action by the real estate agent or sub-agents may subject the buyer to legal liability for those wrongful actions.
Why have a BUYER'S AGENT working for you?
A Buyer's Agent Represents Your Interest, at NO COST TO YOU
When buying a home, it’s important to have someone experienced advise you throughout the process. Here are some reasons to have a buyer’s agent representing you:
- It is my job to understand your desires and needs so that you don’t have to explain your personal information to multiple agents. Your personal information will always be kept confidential.
- After determining what you are looking for in a home, I will coordinate appointments to tour homes and explain the pros and cons of each to help you decide what’s right for you.
- A seller’s agent responsibility is to represent the seller’s interests as the “Listing Agent” and to get the seller the best price for their home. I will negotiate the best terms and lowest price that a seller will accept, on your behalf, while completing all the necessary contracts.
- Getting to the closing table requires the expertise of many professionals, such as Lenders, Inspectors and Attorneys. I will provide you access to my network of professional connections that can expedite the process and provide you with superior service. I will communication and coordinate with all parties involved to manage the process.
- There is no cost or fee for you to have a buyer’s agent diligently represent your interests. It is customary for the seller’s agent to compensate the buyer’s agent with a portion of the fee they charge to the seller.
My Commitment to You
I promise to provide you with my undivided loyalty as your buyer’s agent. I will never pressure you to buy a home and will devote the time necessary to help you find the right home. I will contribute my efforts and resources to you and will consistently communicate with you throughout the process. I would be pleased to represent you as your exclusive buyer’s agent. Again, I am compensated in my profession by earning compensation as a co-brokered transaction from the seller’s agency at the close of a home sale.
If you find an open house that you would like to attend, I can accompany you or will call ahead to the seller’s agent and let them know you will be attending. Always tell the agent attending the open house, that you have a buyer’s agent and give the agent my name.
Please don’t ever hesitate to contact me with any questions. I am happy to help!