Buying a home is very exciting but it can also be confusing. It’s not something you do every day, so you might not know what to expect. The truth is that buying a home can be a simple and stress-free transaction with the right guidance. I specialize in assisting first time buyers and I thoroughly explain the process to take the mystery out of buying a new home. I want buyers to approach each step with confidence.
Here are some tips to help buyers navigate the process:
1. One Step at a Time – Home buying is not a one-time moment but a series of steps. Make decisions as they come.
2. Identify Your Buyer’s Agent and Mortgage Broker - these professionals will be your guides through the process. I can assist with helping you identify a local mortgage professional who can help explain mortgage financing and provide you with a pre-approval letter.
• Don’t change jobs or buy big items – Once you’ve decided to buy a home, it’s critical not to change your circumstances, such as a new job or large credit card purchase.
• Don’t call the listing agent directly – It might be tempting to try and get a “better deal” by working with the listing agent rather than using your own agent. This is not true; the listing agent works for the seller and does not represent your interests. There is no cost to you to have a buyer agent represent you.
3. Do Your Due Diligence – Never assume when buying a home. Have a professional home inspection, ask questions, investigate and take the discoveries and disclosures seriously.
4. Follow Your Gut Instinct – If you think something is off, then follow up and double check.
5. Move Quickly When Necessary – When you find the right home, don’t wait too long. Remember tip #1, this is a series of steps. The first step is writing an offer, there are many opportunities along the way to change your mind so if you find the right home. Write the offer before someone else does.
Buying a home is typically the largest financial transaction most people make in their lifetime. The last thing you want to do is make a mistake, which could cost you time and money. I am a local REALTOR® experienced with real estate sales and have spent years in the mortgage finance industry...my knowledge of both sides of the industry have proven to be beneficial to the first time buyers that I have guided through the process. Contact me for a free home buyer consultation and I can put you on the path to homeownership!
In today's competitive market, you need a passionate, local advisor that can help you navigate the home buying and selling process. As a valued client, you'll receive:
• Expertise on neighborhoods and the local markets
• Innovative strategies to market and sell your home
• Additional insights into listings that are not accessible online
• A proven negotiator who will be with you every step of the way
• A trusted and knowledgeable partner through closing and beyond